Monday, April 18, 2016

PPWC 2016 Wrap Up - All the Firsts

I'm back!

Pikes Peak Writers Conference 2016 is a wrap! I had several firsts (first time as PPWC faculty, first time being a participating author in a book signing), missed a couple opportunities (I was supposed to have a critique and present my query to an editor, both of which ended up not happening because I was working during the times I would have done them), and had an overall exhausting, but wonderful experience.

I had the opportunity to meet Jeff Lindsay, Joe R. Lansdale, Rachel Caine, Wendy Corsi Staub, Johnny Worthen, Steve Saffel, and a slew of fantastic creative folks.



I taught a workshop on short stories, and was on a panel with my fellow Ladies of Darkness, DeAnna Knippling, MB Partlow, and Susan Mitchell. Both had good attendance, and lots of questions and positive feedback, which felt phenomenal!



I also participated in the faculty book signing, where I signed copies of The Deep Dark Woods. I sold all but two of the books I'd consigned, which I'm really happy with.


The next week will still be busy, but not with the level of stress and pressure I had the last few weeks. I'm looking forward to getting back into my blog and jumping around to visit everyone I've missed in the last month!

How have things been for you for the last month? Anything exciting or interesting to share? How did your first book signing go? Every met any of the folks I mentioned above?

May you find your Muse.

Photo #1: With Jeff Lindsay, photo by Deb
Photo #2: Charise and I with Wendy Corsi Staub, photo from Charise's camera
Photo #3: Me presenting on short stories, photo by Becky
Photo #4: The horror panel, photo by Kameron
Photo #5: Me at the book signing with the last three copies remaining, photo by Michelle

25 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sold all but two books - that's awesome! Glad it was such a success even if you missed your critique and pitch.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Well done Shannon - sounds a great Conference ... and two books not sold - not bad ... enjoy being home and settling back in to normality ... the A-Z is still going on - but I had to pull out ... still I'm ready for next year! Cheers Hilary

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

It sounds like it was a success overall - well done, Shannon! :)

D.G. Hudson said...

Congrats to you! Looks like you had fun, and no I didn't recognize any names, sorry.

Yolanda Renée said...

Wonderful, what fun, but hard work. Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing!

Murees Dupè said...

Congratulations! Such a great opportunity for you. It's wonderful that you're enjoying yourself. You go girl!

LT said...

It's all worth it Shannon! All those books will travel to new hands...:-)Congrats!

Pat Hatt said...

Sounds like a great time indeed. Stinks you missed a few things, but can't get it all I guess.

cleemckenzie said...

So glad to hear your experience was good at the conference.

Chrys Fey said...

Sorry you missed the chance to present your query to an editor, but it sounds like you had a very fruitful experience. :)

Olga Godim said...

That conference must've been a great experience. Congrats to selling so many books.

tracikenworth said...

Welcome back!!

A Beer for the Shower said...

We were following the action on Facebook and yep, it looked like an awesome time. Glad you got a lot out of it. And sold a lot of books. Book signings are always a huge confidence booster - people want to buy my book AND they want my autograph?

Shannon Lawrence said...

I had a great time, even if I did miss a couple opportunities. It was worth it.

Shannon Lawrence said...

It took me awhile, but I'm finally getting back to normal. Sorry you had to pull out of the A-to-Z, but sometimes it's just not a good time.

Shannon Lawrence said...

It was! And it was a great experience.

Shannon Lawrence said...

That's okay! This year, I knew more of them in advance than I usually do. But I typically don't know them.

Shannon Lawrence said...

I did, and thank you!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thank you! It's hard work, but worth it with the benefits.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Which is such an exciting thought!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Nope, can't get it all. Next year, I won't be working the whole time, and I can make these.

Shannon Lawrence said...

I did! It worked out okay. I didn't have time to do a final edit, so now I have it.

Shannon Lawrence said...

It was, and thank you!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thanks!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Right?! I will sign that puppy however you want if you want my book and my signature on it. Well, you know, within reason.