Monday, April 7, 2014

I'm at Alex's!

I woke up to a delightful surprise today! Alex J. Cavanaugh featured me in his "F" post for the A-to-Z Challenge. I miss my A-to-Z co-host team and am a bit sad to not be taking part this year, but it was lovely to be a teeny part via Alex's post. I knew I couldn't keep up with commenting and visiting others this year, so even though I could have pre-scheduled a bunch of posts, that's not the true spirit of the A-to-Z, and I opted to stay out of it. I WILL still be visiting participants as I can, though, (as well as my usual blogs) so hope to see you soon! But I'm on deadlines this week, so no rest for the weary.

I hope you'll stop by and visit all the A-to-Z co-hosts (you can find a list of them HERE in the right sidebar.) Also, Andrew Leon at StrangePegs is doing a fun theme for the A-to-Z on abandoned places. My kinda' topic.

And since I'm posting anyway, I'd like to say that I'm meeting my goals of submitting short stories. I've gotten several rejections, including a nice personal one that said my piece was "beautifully written," which I'll take. It didn't match the theme they were going for (I knew it was stretching the theme when I sent it in, but you never know exactly what they're looking for, so felt it was worth trying.) Once I'm through these work deadlines I'll be submitting elsewhere. I've still got four pieces out on submission, though, and need to find a place to submit two more.

I hope you're out there submitting, or at least writing away in preparation to submit and/or query in the future.

Are you taking part in the A-to-Z? If not, have you found any themes in your usual blog travels that you're particularly enjoying? Feel free to share their links in the comments.

May you find your Muse.

P.S. Gary, I broke my "no posting about blog hops" streak. Sowwy!


9 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Congrats on getting the short stories done. I'm going to visit you at Alex's.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Saw you over at Alex's! And congrats on the "nice rejection." Those rejections really do mean something, don't they?

Busy doing A-Z and being one of Alex's Ninja Minions - swamped, but having a blast. :)

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Yeah, Alex is cool like that, giving props to others. Congratulations on meeting your short story goals.

There are a couple of blogs I am thoroughly enjoying this A to Z, one with a continuing story and one with short (55 word) fiction.

Have a great week!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy to feature you! And the team really misses you, but as you said, it's a lot to keep up with. My clones already quit.
That piece was only rejected because it didn't fit the theme - keep submitting, because obviously someone will snatch it up.

Maurice Mitchell said...

I saw you on Alex! You have a great story Shannon.

Robin said...

"Beautifully written" is wonderful. It will find a home somewhere.

Unknown said...

Missing your delightful presence this year, girl! Knock 'em dead with your submissions:)

WriterlySam
Echoes of Olympus
A to Z #TeamDamyanti

shelly said...

Yup. I'm doing the A to Z on the Secondhand Shoes blog.

Hugs and chocolate!

Alex is wonderful!

Shannon Lawrence said...

Susan, thanks!

Madeline, those types of rejections may be what keeps me submitting.

LuAnn, I hope they're still going strong!

Alex, I'm sorry to hear your clones quit. They work hard all the time, though.

Maurice, thank you!

Robin, I hope so!

Sam, thank you! I hope you're having some fun with the A-to-Z.

Shelly, more than halfway done!